PHOENIX - 30 SECONDS TO MARS
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

PHOENIX - 30 SECONDS TO MARS

FORUM FRANCAIS DE 30 SECONDS TO MARS

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
-14%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Apple MacBook Air (2020) 13,3″ Puce Apple M1 – RAM 8Go/SSD 256Go
799 € 930 €
Voir le deal

25 octobre 2013 - Jared "Ask Me Anything" @Reddit

4 participants
AuteurMessage
audrey
Chroniqueuse en Chef de l'info Phoenixienne
audrey

Féminin Messages : 7322

25 octobre 2013 - Jared "Ask Me Anything" @Reddit Empty
MessageSujet: 25 octobre 2013 - Jared "Ask Me Anything" @Reddit   25 octobre 2013 - Jared "Ask Me Anything" @Reddit EmptySam 26 Oct 2013 - 1:31

A la base, il me semble que ça devait plus être centré sur DBC vu l'image et comment c'était annoncé mais au final, il y a eu un peu de tout. C'est très long par contre : 

25 octobre 2013 - Jared "Ask Me Anything" @Reddit BXc6I4DCAAAQBXA

Citation :
Jared Leto AMA. (self.IAmA)
soumis il y a 14 minutes * par _JaredLeto
Hello from NYC!
Jared here. I'm in the band Thirty Seconds To Mars, I have been known to act, direct, edit, I'm the founder of the VyRT, ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND, and The Hive. I also make a mean set of vegan pancakes.
My first film in almost six years Dallas Buyers Club is going to be in theaters starting next Friday.
Ask me just about anything. :)
Initial twitter proof: https://twitter.com/JaredLeto/status/393227873387302912
more twitter proof: https://twitter.com/JaredLeto/status/393847416568283136
http://instagram.com/p/f5-Mh1zBX6/
Thanks so much for the questions. I hope you enjoy Dallas Buyers Club. Looking forward to seeing you all out on the road. Here are the tour dates in case you are interested. Zamfir may not be there, but I certainly will be.
p.s. don't forget - RAMPART! on VOD now!

---

REDDIT_JUDGE_REFEREE
Hey Jared! Huge fan of your music, as well as acting.
What was it like working with Nicolas Cage in Lord of War? What is he like off the set? Any fun stories from behind the scenes?

_JaredLeto
Nic was hilarious. He is the only person I have ever met in my life that can impersonate himself

Monsteroustickalotis
Hi Jared. If you could go back trough time, what would you tell to your 17-year old self?

_JaredLeto
I would say everything is going to be okay. Just trust yourself.

btm29
Do ya like Huey Lewis And The News?

_JaredLeto
How could you not?

ExpiredParrot
Hey Jared! First of all, I want to thank you and the rest of Thirty Seconds to Mars for making music that helped and still helps me through both the good and the bad times. You have also been one of my inspirations to start writing my own music. I also want to say hi on behalf of my sister, who might be your biggest fan. Needless to say, we can't wait to see you guys in Amsterdam next month!
And now the question: we all know your Echelon fans are absolutely crazy about you. Has there ever been a fan that stood out in craziness or even creepyness? Oh, and my sister recently started her study to become a pastry chef. If she ever wants to wake you up in te middle of the night with anything you'd want (pie, cupcakes, chocolate, ice cream, etc.), what would she have to bring?
Thanks for doing this AMA!

_JaredLeto
Number 1, vegan cupcakes will do the job. Number 2, we'll see you at Ziggodome. Number 3, thank you so much.
p.s. see "The Ear" for the creepy fan story

malloryhope
Jared, thank you so much for doing this. I "met" you (got my CD signed by you guys) at the Columbus show earlier this month and you were so kind. It was such a wonderful experience, so thank you.
How difficult was it for you to play a character who was so vastly different from yourself? Also, if you had to listen to one of your songs on repeat for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?

_JaredLeto
Thanks so much. It's incredibly challenging and that's one of the reasons I decided to do it. The greater the challenge the greater the reward.
There is a secret song that is just monks chanting, so that's what I would pick

bitches_aint_shit13
Jared: First off, thank you for doing this AMA! I'm beyond excited to see your portrayal of Rayon in Dallas Buyers Club. I'll be seeing it in Detroit when it comes out!!
I've been in the Echelon since being introduced to your debut album in 2004 and have seen Thirty Seconds to Mars 7 times live with the 8th coming up in December in Indianapolis. I got to do the meet in greet once in 2006 at Lollapalooza, and once more just about a month ago in Columbus. You guys are so awesome and down to earth! Thank you so much for really recognizing your fans and for the music that you make. It has been the sound track to my life through the years; helping me through my father's passing in 2009, the birth of both of my children (I listened to Northern Lights on the way to have my son) and so much more. THANK YOU. My questions: With over two decades of fame, both on film and as a musician and documentary film maker, etc, how do you stay grounded? You always seem so down to earth and it's awesome.
Also, how do you have time to do everything you do?!? Travel the world touring, make short films, star in epic movies, have time for fans, the list goes on! You're amazing :) Thank you once again, tell Shannon and Tomo hello as well!

_JaredLeto
Having respect for the fragility of it all helps to keep us really really grateful.
I'd say I love what I do, and that helps

TheDuskDragon
What's up Jared! I just wanted to start off by saying thank you for your band's philanthropy work. The fact that you're willing to sacrifice time away from your music and acting career to help the less-privileged is very inspirational.
In what ways have your experiences in philanthropy work influenced the writing of some of your songs?

_JaredLeto
I think A Beautiful Lie is a good example of how the two can work together

random__douche
Hi Jared! I'm seeing your band next month, can't wait!
What attracted you to the role of Rayon in Dallas Buyers Club?
How difficult is it staying in a committed relationship when you’re in a band and touring lots? Do groupies frequently approach you?
Who did you sell your soul to for your good looks and eternal youth?

_JaredLeto
The challenge. The opportunity to bring a really unique and wonderful person to the screen. The script. The actors. And the director.
The devil. Who else do you sell your soul to?

beatsbyaaron
Do people reference you from Requiem for a Dream more than any other movie you have done?

_JaredLeto
Yes as far as films go, Requiem is at the top of the list

lj007
Hello! :)
I just wanted to say that your work in "Mr. Nobody" was amazing! Your other films and music are pretty good too ;)
Questions:
1) The movies you work in often contain characters and stories with a bit more depth than normal. What is one element or characteristic that you have taken from one of these films to apply in your every day life?
2) What is the first thing that comes to your mind when I ask what was the happiest moment on your record breaking tour?
3) Your CD is now up in space on the international space station (I think a childish response of "Cool!" is the only response that can get anywhere near how awesome that is), what would be the one thing you would take into space, Astronaut Leto?
Thanks for your contributions to music and films. Now excuse me while I go watch "Mr. Nobody" again.. and again...and again :)

_JaredLeto
1) well in terms of Mr Nobody it's a film about fate, about choices, a philosophical film. And those questions and the conversation that it started by this film continue in my life to this day.
2) Too many to list just one, but the Mars 300 was very special.
3) I would like to take a bird into space. A hawk. I would like to see what it would be like for a bird to fly in zero gravity. Because it could fly upside down, how would it react?

BucketInTheSand
Hey there Jared,
Thank you very much for taking the time to do an AMA. I’ve had the pleasure of seeing 30STM twice here in Australia (once for the TIW tour and once at Soundwave) and your live shows are phenomenal. Also, ‘Requiem for a Dream’ and ‘Mr. Nobody’ are two of my all-time favourite films!
Just a couple of questions:
What has been the most humbling moment of your career?
You always seem to be dying in your films - ‘Lord of War’ and ‘Panic Room’, for example - So which has been your favourite death scene (either to film or because of the context of the scene)?
What has been the best prank you have played either on tour or on a film set?

_JaredLeto
I'd say this year has been one of the most humbling years of our lives. We have had the biggest and best shows we've ever played, and really this tour for Love, Lust, Faith and Dreams has just started.
I liked dying for David Fincher, he seemed to really get into it.
Well one time, David Fincher replaced a toolbag that was supposed to be filled with tools with a couple dozen dildos. So when Forest Whitaker dumped the bag of tools out, we all got quite a surprise

Kitteh19
What made you decide to go vegan, and do you ever find it difficult to avoid eating certain foods?

_JaredLeto
I say this as I am eating vegan key lime pie: but yes, it can be challenging sometimes. Where there's a will, there's a way. But cheating is okay

rockstarnights
I've seen you several times in concert and am always impressed by your energy and showmanship. What is your favorite song to perform?

_JaredLeto
Right now my favorite song to perform live is City of Angels. It's a very personal song and every night we play it feels incredible.

HelenVonBiscuits
Any funny/crazy things happen while shooting Fight Club that nobody has ever heard about?

_JaredLeto
Ed Norton swung a little too wide and knocked me in the chin. Didn't really phase me though. ;) (Tu le méritais peut-être aussi Réflechi Rire1)

30SecondstoMars
How do you look SO YOUNG? Give me your secret!

_JaredLeto
See previous devil comment.

GypsySloth
Hey, Jared! Just got two quick questions. How hard is it balancing both your music and acting career? Also, which music video was your favorite to shoot?

_JaredLeto
The hardest thing to balance is time. That's really the only great difficulty between the two, is time. Hurricane was my favorite video to shoot (Ahah ! Tu m'étonnes !)

ToasterOnASpaceship
Hi Jared, thanks for doing this AMA.
All I'd like to ask is, how do you cope with performing so many shows? You and the band managed to hit 300 shows in your last tour, I don't know how you manage it!
I'm seeing you all live in November, can't wait! Good luck with everything in the future!..

_JaredLeto
Touring is the most important part of what we do. We love it and it's easy to stay on the road when you get to play shows in front of all of you night after night. xo

SandySikk
Hey Jared!
First of all, thank you for your great work. Especially your music - it helped me through a pretty rough time.
Now, I've got a few questions:
Of all the roles you've ever played: Which one is your favorite and why? Which one was the hardest to play?
Which song do you play on the guitar most often? Which one do you absolutely love to sing?
and: What's the best record of all time?
Thanks for doing this AMA :)

_JaredLeto
"Well, in RAMPART…" ;)
I think Rayon is one of my favorites. She is funny, fun and full of grace and charm. A real pleasure.
On the guitar I tend to write new music, but these days City of Angels. I would also say that's the one I'm enjoying singing the most these days too.
I mean, I'd have to say Beethoven's Fifth? It's a tie between Beethoven's Fifth and Zamfir the Panflautist. (Rire1 ça faisait longtemps qu'il n'en avait plus parlé tiens !)

annauser1995
Hey Jared, I love the references to ‘The Shining’ in your video for The Kill! But what is your favourite film? I’m a big fan by the way and so is my friend Fliss, please give her a shoutout!

_JaredLeto
I have too many to list, but some that I recommend often are The Last Emperor, The Killing Fields, Empire of the Sun, Heaven's Gate, Blade Runner, The Dark Crystal… If you haven't seen those movies you will have a lot of fun

LemonHead_8
Hi Jared! I was wondering, what age did you start songwriting? Also would you ever consider getting dreadlocks? I can't wait to see you on the 23rd of November, you guys are an inspiration!

_JaredLeto
I was a kid. Very young. I loved the idea of making something from nothing and then sharing that with people. As far as dreadlocks go, it's a good idea, I'll look into it.

TomRalphio
Do you still have that ear-necklace?

_JaredLeto
It's in custody right now but I hope to get it back sooner rather than later

30SecondstoMars
Jared I am SO glad you are acting again my favourite role of yours is Nemo Nobody from Mr. Nobody. I’ve heard what sort of foods you had to eat to gain the weight for Chapter 27 (Melted Hagan Das) but what sort of diet did you have to go on to lose so much weight to play Rayon in Dallas Buyers Club? And which was harder gaining the weight or losing it?

_JaredLeto
I basically stopped eating. And then when I started again, I didn't have more than 300 or 400 calories a day. Not a good thing to do to yourself, and should not be done unless you're a professional.

TomRalphio
What music are you listening to these days?

_JaredLeto
I'm listening to the XX, and James Blake. I don't listen to music very often, and usually when I do it's quiet, mellow music. And of course, Zamfir.

amidnightshow
Are you and Kanye still friends?

_JaredLeto
Yes. We just collaborated on a secret project for our brand-new single, City of Angels. It's coming out very very #soon.

willyum96
Jared, thanks for doing this AMA! You are a crazy talented dude! I was curious what it is like to work with Mr. McConaughey? Is he a super crazy hippy guy like he is made out to be? Also You said it was an interesting experience losing nearly 30lbs for your upcoming role "Dallas Buyers Club." How difficult was this and how did it affect your day to day life? Just wanted to say thanks again for doing this ama and Im excited to see you dragged out in a week!

_JaredLeto
I did not find him to be a super crazy hippy guy. I certainly did not see a bongo near the set.
It was very challenging to lose the weight. I stopped counting somewhere between 30 and 40. I had lost weight for a film before for Requiem, so I had some experience, but it didn't make it any easier, just familiar. Losing the weight is a great tool, it helps inform the character and is an essential part of the prep for this film.

ame_kay
Hey!- I was curious, kind of drawing from Artifact: are you working toward building your own alternative business model with things like The Hive, Adventures in Wonderland and Vyrt so that you can have/offer the option to conduct business differently?

_JaredLeto
Exploring alternative options is definitely one of the purposes of creating these platforms, to give artists the ability to have a conversation directly with their audiences and vice-versa is really important to us.

punkylemon
Hello Jared! I don't really have a question but would like to thank you for being the amazing person you are. You have no idea how much your music and work in general has helped me survive some of the worst times in my life. Your music has given me so much confidence and hope. The echelon has also served as a huge pillar of strength in these times. Thank you for sharing your creativity with the world. I hope you have a great day and please never stop creating or performing! I once had to do an assignment for school on inspirational people in my life and my teachers loved the work I did based on you! Thank you for everything mr leto! =]

_JaredLeto
Thanks so much!

abillionlights
Jared, what is the easiest way to gain and lose your respect?

_JaredLeto
Honesty. Lies. Ce serait bien que tu sois un peu plus honnête toi aussi

The_One_WhoKnocks
Hey Jared. Im a massive fan of your music and your acting skills. Im just wondering which one was better to film- American Psycho or Fight Club? And who was better to work with- Edward Norton or Christian Bale?

_JaredLeto
Fight Club. David Fincher

amidnightshow
Do you keep in touch with some of the cast of your movies?

_JaredLeto
Darren Aronofsky

hosinthishouse
What was your experience in filming one of the most disturbing movies ever with Requiem for a Dream?

_JaredLeto
Unforgettable. A huge part of my life. And always will be

SassyAxel
Wow, where do I begin? You are so much more than just a celebrity – actor, musician, artist, photographer, businessman, tech entrepreneur… It’s really inspirational to see someone who could rest on their celebrity CHOOSE to do more, be more, explore more. So, questions:
Who are your biggest influences from any of the genres above?
Which current leaders in the genres above should we all be paying attention to?
When do you sleep?!?
And thanks in advance for such a fantastic answer. ;)

_JaredLeto
Mavericks. Leaders. Artists.
I think there are incredible things happening in technology and design and UX. The way we interact with technology is fundamentally changing. It probably will be some years until we even understand the impact this time is having on how we relate to the world around us.
When I'm dead

inquizitivvveee
Any advice for aspiring artists?

_JaredLeto
Work. Work. Work. Work. And then work some more. And if they happen to be a musician or are interested in the creative process, you may want to check out a film I directed called Artifact, it's going to be exclusive to iTunes end of November. It's about art and commerce and the $30 million lawsuit courtesy of our record label

thenightsonfire
Hello Sir!
You have been, and still are, one of the greatest inspirations in my life. The way you fought for all you have now, the struggle behind it—it gives me the strength to fight myself. To face reality. To FIGHT for what I want. I moved to London one month ago to study Journalism. I'm nineteen, and I was alone at the time. But I had to do it. I had to do it to make my dreams my reality. And one of the reasons I did not give up on the idea to move here was you. You and 30 Seconds to Mars. You taught me to fight for what I believe in. Thank you so much.
So, my questions are, simple as they are: what is your favourite book at the moment? What is your favourite place to stay when you're not touring? And, as you look (and, I assume, are) fantastically self-confident (in a positive way, as I'm not really), have there been moments, when you were younger, that you said "I can't do this"? How did you face them?
Thank you. For everything. Carmelita.

_JaredLeto
One of my favorite books is Siddhartha.
New York City.
All the time. You know, the lack of self-confidence isn't such a bad thing. It can be the fuel that compels us to win

wally_pop_16
Hey Jared! Thanks for taking the time to do this.
I just saw you guys a few weeks back in Columbus, and I had a blast.
Which one of your albums would you say you had the most fun recording?

_JaredLeto
Love, Lust, Faith and Dreams, the current album. It's nice to make a record when you're not being sued for $30 million dollars.

Giuls289
Which is the most important thing you're proud of?

_JaredLeto
30 Seconds to Mars. We overcame quite a bit of adversity and we did it by putting one foot in front of the other and working and working and working. It's nice to know that hard work pays off. Very grateful (Tu m’énerves !)

Amzngveronika
Jared, When can we expect another Vyrt Violet????

_JaredLeto
When you deserve it ;)

GibboTidus
What's your recipe for your famous vegan pancakes?

_JaredLeto
If I told you that, I'd have to take sandpaper to your tongue so you could never taste again. This is a recipe handed down by my great-grandfather who was a hippie guru, known as "King of the Buckwheat."

[–]Askalan
Mr. Leto, what's your favorite TV-Series??? :)
[–]_JaredLeto[S]
I have not watched TV since BJ and the bear, but recently, I've discovered this brand-new show called LOST. I thought it was great. Anyone seen it? ;)

Streeb-Greebling
Is it true that you own one of the Korova Bar milk statues from A Clockwork Orange?

_JaredLeto
That may or may not be true. I cannot confirm or deny the existence of such a statue in my home

CB_Uccellino
Hi Jared, If you write a book at this point in your life, what subject would speak? Thanks advance and good vibes

_JaredLeto
It would probably be called Love, Lust, Faith and Dreams. I feel like this new album is incredibly autobiographical, revealing, personal.

malcrienyeti
What would you say about "Dallas Buyers Club" and your character? Any fun stories about you wearing high heels?

_JaredLeto
Well I waxed my entire body, including my eyebrows. Thankfully it was a period piece so I didn't have to go full brazilian. As far as heels go, I was a natural and a size 12.

justmagiclife
What's more important? Love, Lust, Faith or Dreams?

_JaredLeto
They're all essential elements. I think of them as the human equivalent to the four elements. Earth, wind, water and fire.

mevsus
How often do you bike?

_JaredLeto
Not as much as I would like to. Ever since I made Kings and Queens, it's been a part of my life I really enjoy.

Emikuxd
I wanted to ask.. do you love germany? Or whats your favourit place in germany? :)

_JaredLeto
Berlin is my favorite place. Mostly because it's the city I'm most familiar with. But I love Hamburg, Koln, and Frankfurt.

Deborah_Echelon
Jared are you happy to see the Italy again next week?

_JaredLeto
Always happy to see the Italy! I will be playing in Milan and attending the Rome Film Festival for Dallas Buyers Club.

tbambina
Do you believe in Karma? And have you ever witnessed a miracle?

_JaredLeto
Yes. Yes.

RobinRunGirl
LOVE VyRT - I think you need to sell stock. There are so many exciting applications for this wonderful, social networking, interactive technology. What's the next evolution of VyRT?

_JaredLeto
Thank you so much. The next step is to share VyRT with other artists. We are incredibly excited about the days to come.

ZZTOP7709
What do you think about perfectionism?

_JaredLeto
It can be the enemy. Imperfect can be beautiful and it's important to embrace the mistake.

TinaCarstensen
Hi Jared. Name an actress or actor you'd like to do a film with?

_JaredLeto
Daniel Day-Lewis.

felicm60
What was the biggest emotional challenge of saying goodbye to Rayon, was it hard to let go after being her and putting everything into her for so long?
There are reports that you have given up acting altogether? What if an Indie production approached you (hint), would you consider it or would you only accept big studio, big budget options? Would you like to get involved in writing the soundtrack and producing it for example?.... Big Bartholomew Cubbins fan, Hurricane is so powerful. Margarita/Cardiff

_JaredLeto
YES. There was a lot I loved and it was very hard to let go and say goodbye. The role of a lifetime a very special project and I'm incredibly proud to be a part of Dallas Buyers Club
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://twitter.com/AudreyM_B
Aphrodite

Aphrodite

Féminin Messages : 5614
Localisation : Chuis la Nymphe invisible du Phoenix! Chuis là mais on ne me voit pas! Mouhaha
Humeur : Toujours un flingue à la main... Beware of what you're doing!

MessageSujet: Re: 25 octobre 2013 - Jared "Ask Me Anything" @Reddit   25 octobre 2013 - Jared "Ask Me Anything" @Reddit EmptySam 26 Oct 2013 - 11:32

Ah oui Jared l'avait mis sur son twitter ce "truc" et j'ai complètement zappé que c'était cette nuit Caché ! Rire1 

Effectivement c'est un peu long Oo
Je lirai ça tranquillement quand j'aurais un peu plus de temps ^^

Merci Audrey Fleurs
http://www.jaredheart.com/
Jason

Jason

MessageSujet: Re: 25 octobre 2013 - Jared "Ask Me Anything" @Reddit   25 octobre 2013 - Jared "Ask Me Anything" @Reddit EmptyMar 29 Oct 2013 - 22:47

c'est marrant parce que je l'ai lu ce matin sur le site et à un moment donné il dit "Where there's a will, there's a way"
puis, je sors de chez moi, et paf ! dans la boite aux lettre m'attendait un joli petit article de 2002 (que je viens de mettre dans le topic presse etrangère) dans lequel il dit exactement la même chose (vous le verrez pas tout de suite car c'est dans la partie que j'ai oublié de scanner)
Alors oui, je sais ce que vous allez me dire, c'est une expression plutôt usitée, mais connaissant le Jaja, ça m'étonne pas tant que ça que cette expression fasse partie de son quotidien...
Bon je sais ce que je dis n'a aucun intérêt... désolée... So I run 
et merci à Audrey pour avoir ratroupé les Q&R
Pitchouill
Biologeek GAZELLE de SHANNON
Pitchouill

Féminin Messages : 13136

MessageSujet: Re: 25 octobre 2013 - Jared "Ask Me Anything" @Reddit   25 octobre 2013 - Jared "Ask Me Anything" @Reddit EmptyMer 30 Oct 2013 - 17:30

Jared avec des dreads.... Rire1
Aphrodite

Aphrodite

Féminin Messages : 5614
Localisation : Chuis la Nymphe invisible du Phoenix! Chuis là mais on ne me voit pas! Mouhaha
Humeur : Toujours un flingue à la main... Beware of what you're doing!

MessageSujet: Re: 25 octobre 2013 - Jared "Ask Me Anything" @Reddit   25 octobre 2013 - Jared "Ask Me Anything" @Reddit EmptySam 2 Nov 2013 - 19:36

Pitchouill a écrit:
Jared avec des dreads.... Rire1
On s'est dit la même chose entre nous à Barcelone Caché ! Rire1
http://www.jaredheart.com/
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: 25 octobre 2013 - Jared "Ask Me Anything" @Reddit   25 octobre 2013 - Jared "Ask Me Anything" @Reddit Empty

25 octobre 2013 - Jared "Ask Me Anything" @Reddit
Page 1 sur 1